The Pendleton Fire and Ambulance Department (PFD) has a long history dating back to just after the formation of the city of Pendleton. Pendleton was settled in 1868 with the site chosen by voters of Umatilla County who wanted a site on the upper Umatilla River between Wildhorse and Birch creeks.
Station 1 was opened in 1959 and serves as our administration and billing office as well as main station. Depending on staffing levels for the day Station 1 has 3-4 Firefighter Paramedics on duty 24/7.
“Open Burning” is any burning outdoors and includes burn barrels, bon fires, piles of yard debris, burning stumps, field burns, commercial construction, and demolition debris. Open burning is regulated by Pendleton Fire & Ambulance.