First annual Neighborhood Clean-Up Extravaganza set for May 12-18
Pendleton’s First Annual Neighborhood Clean-Up Extravaganza is just around the corner! From Sunday, May 12, through Saturday, May 18, volunteers will be sweeping through a neighborhood (click here to view location), helping residents clear out clutter, perk up gardens, and knock out those pesky home repair projects. Who are these volunteers, you ask? YOU, of course!!
Come on down to support your community and keep Pendleton looking fresh and clean!
Here are a few ways to get involved:
• GATHER A GROUP of friends or co-workers and pick a project (contact Aniko for details)
• LEND ITEMS such as wheelbarrows, shovels, clippers, gloves, rakes, paint brushes, etc.
• DONATE ITEMS such as paint, gravel, plants, seeds, mulch, stones, etc.
• MENTOR A YOUTH VOLUNTEER TEAM (this is especially great if you have special skills, such as construction or painting that you’d like to share and teach)
• HELP OUT WITH FOOD PREP for our Volunteer and Resident Appreciation Block Party on Sunday, May 19 – everyone is invited to this!
To volunteer or for more information, contact Aniko in the Community Development Department: Aniko.Drlikmue@ci.pendleton.or.us, 541-966-0248. You can also view needs and sign up for shifts on Pendleton’s brand new volunteer web site, www.pendletonconnect.org!